Lenten and Holy Seek Services at St. Stephen Church
PALM SUNDAY OF THE LORD’S PASSION - April 13 Saturday Vigil - 5:00 p.m. Sunday - 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 12:15 p.m.
• CONFESSIONS (HOLY WEEK) Reconciliation Monday, April 14 - 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. No confessions on Holy Saturday
• HOLY THURSDAY - APRIL 17 Office of Readings and Morning Prayer - 8:30 a.m. Mass of the Lord’s Supper - 7:30 a.m. Adoration until Midnight in the Atrium
• GOOD FRIDAY - APRIL 18 Day of Fasting and Abstinence From Meat Office of Readings and Morning Prayer - 8:30 a.m. Children’s Service of the Passion - 12:00 noon Solemn Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion - 3:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross - 7:30 p.m.
• HOLY SATURDAY - APRIL 19 Office of Readings and Morning Prayer - 8:30 a.m. Blessing of Easter Food - 12:00 noon The Easter Vigil - 7:30 p.m. (No 5:00 p.m. Mass) • EASTER SUNDAY - APRIL 20 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 12:15 p.m. Additional 10:30 a.m. Mass in school gym
Stations of the Cross & Adoration
• CHILDREN’S STATIONS OF THE CROSS All children interested in participating, please contact Jennifer Hansen at email@example.com. Practice will be Tuesday, April 15, at 6:30 p.m. Please gather in the atrium. Stations will take place on Good Friday at noon.
Mar 21 - Stations at 7PM, followed Adoration until 8:30PM
Mar 28 - Sacrament of Confirmation
April 4 - Stations at 7PM, followed by All Night Adoration
Apr 11 - Stations at 7PM, followed Adoration until 8:30PM
Apr 18 - Good Friday, Stations at 7PM
OPERATION RICE BOWL As part of our Parish observance of Lent, we ask our parishioners to participate in Operation Rice Bowl. This is a program of prayer, fasting, learning and giving sponsored by Catholic Relief Services. Please take home a Rice Bowl packet and follow this simple but powerful practice. Return your Rice Bowl after Easter. For more information, go to www.crs.org.
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are days of Fasting and Abstinence from meat. Fridays of Lent are days of abstinence from meat. Through fasting and abstinence, we unite ourselves more closely with Christ. There is a serious obligation on the part of Catholics to observe these practices. Those who have health issues are ob-viously excused. Fasting—means taking less food, or the equivalent of one full meal be taken per day. Two other smaller meals may be taken to maintain physical strength, but these two should not equal a full meal in quantity. Fasting obliges all who have reached the age of 18 and continues to oblige to age 59. Those not spe-cifically obligated to fast are encouraged to join in the discipline of fasting to the extent they are able. Absti-nence - prohibits us from eating meat on a particular day. Abstinence obliges all who have reached the age of 14 and continues to oblige throughout life.
Gather for lunch at the Warwick Methodist Church, at 12 Noon. At 12:30PM, a member of the local clergy will speak on a Lenten topic of their choosing. We end no later than 1PM. Dates: March 12, 19, 26, April 2 and 9. All welcome; $7 cost for lunch.
“THE NEW EVANGELIZATION” Father Robert Barron, who created the excellent “Catholicism” Series has now created a Six Part Study Program on “The New Evangelization.” This program traces the history and definition of the term “New Evangelization” and illuminates its meaning using Blessed John Paul’s call to use new ardor, new expressions and new methods to evangelize contemporary culture. You are invited now to form your own Lenten study groups that will begin the week of March 2. Ask friends and neighbors if they would be willing to meet for one and one-half hours each week for six weeks of Lent. DVDs will be provided. Study guides are $20.00. Let us know NOW when you will meet and how many people are involved. Let us know if you have room in your group for additional participants. Also, call the parish office if you would like to join a group. Our Deacon Can-didate, John Tomasicchio and his wife, Ann, will lead a group here on Mondays at 7:30 p.m. It will begin on March 3.
Meets each Saturday morning during Lent from 8-9AM in the Parish Community room. Coffee, donuts, and thoughtful discussion.